For all of the shots he’s taken, you have to admit nobody makes Fridays more exciting than Kanye West. For the better part of a month, West has kept the world in baited anticipation for his G.O.O.D. Friday series and this week’s entry, Lord, Lord, Lord, continues his impressive streak. Although not officially confirmed, I have to believe West is responsible for the beat, and if so it sounds like he decided to craft this record around Nas’ Find Your Wealth, with Mos Def, Raekwon, and yes Swizz Beatz, making appearances the record feels like “something special, something new.” Mos sounds inspired, Kanye drops a punchline heavy flow and the Chef attacks his verse like he’s wielding a Ginsu knife. However, there are two albatrosses weighing down Lord, Lord, Lord. First, the roaming vocals from Charlie Wilson toward the end, and second, a monotone Swizzy verse that ‘Ye says he was “waiting” for, which I find kind of hard to believe considering it’s packed between three excellent contributions from the other emcees. I can’t complain though. While the world waits for more information about Ye’s upcoming album, at least he’s giving us free good music to hold us over until then.
Written by Brando on 09/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.