After his much talked about performance at last weekend’s 50th annual Grammy awards, DJBooth is proud to feature Kanye West’ live version of Hey Mama, a dedication to his mother, Dr. Donda West, who tragically passed away on November 11th of last year. Following a Glow In The Dark Tour-preview rendition of the Graduation chart-topping single, Stronger, West began the single-verse rendition of a song he wrote for his mother prior to the release of his second studio album, Late Registration. The Chicagoan walked away with several Grammy’s on the night, however, to everyone’s amazement, one of them did not include a trophy for ‘Album of the Year.’
Listen to More: Kanye West
Written by DJ Z on 02/17/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)