After his much talked about performance at last weekend’s 50th annual Grammy awards, DJBooth is proud to feature Kanye West’ live version of Hey Mama, a dedication to his mother, Dr. Donda West, who tragically passed away on November 11th of last year. Following a Glow In The Dark Tour-preview rendition of the Graduation chart-topping single, Stronger, West began the single-verse rendition of a song he wrote for his mother prior to the release of his second studio album, Late Registration. The Chicagoan walked away with several Grammy’s on the night, however, to everyone’s amazement, one of them did not include a trophy for ‘Album of the Year.’
Written by DJ Z on 02/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.