If you pop open that twice-used, dusty dictionary and look up the word “amazing,” you’ll read that it is defined as “inspiring awe, admiration or wonder.” Interestingly enough, these words, among many others, will undoubtedly be used to describe the latest musical voyage of Kanye West. Instead of continuing on the career path of the traditional rapper, West has ventured in a completely different sonic direction. Indeed, it is a path that inspires awe, and one that will leave many listeners wondering, “What is he doing?!” Regardless of this potential rift in perception, however, West is steadfast in his approach as an international pop star, not just an emcee. On album track Amazing, a Young Jeezy-assisted record that is one of only four tracks on the LP to feature a guest artist, the Chicago icon bridges the gap between his old sound and the new.
Written by DJ Z on 11/12/08
In order to understand Kanye West’s sonically adventurous new album, we simply have to realize two fundamental truths. One, Kanye is more than just a great rapper or producer, he’s a great songwriter. Two, he cannot...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.