If you pop open that twice-used, dusty dictionary and look up the word “amazing,” you’ll read that it is defined as “inspiring awe, admiration or wonder.” Interestingly enough, these words, among many others, will undoubtedly be used to describe the latest musical voyage of Kanye West. Instead of continuing on the career path of the traditional rapper, West has ventured in a completely different sonic direction. Indeed, it is a path that inspires awe, and one that will leave many listeners wondering, “What is he doing?!” Regardless of this potential rift in perception, however, West is steadfast in his approach as an international pop star, not just an emcee. On album track Amazing, a Young Jeezy-assisted record that is one of only four tracks on the LP to feature a guest artist, the Chicago icon bridges the gap between his old sound and the new.
Written by DJ Z on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.