If you pop open that twice-used, dusty dictionary and look up the word “amazing,” you’ll read that it is defined as “inspiring awe, admiration or wonder.” Interestingly enough, these words, among many others, will undoubtedly be used to describe the latest musical voyage of Kanye West. Instead of continuing on the career path of the traditional rapper, West has ventured in a completely different sonic direction. Indeed, it is a path that inspires awe, and one that will leave many listeners wondering, “What is he doing?!” Regardless of this potential rift in perception, however, West is steadfast in his approach as an international pop star, not just an emcee. On album track Amazing, a Young Jeezy-assisted record that is one of only four tracks on the LP to feature a guest artist, the Chicago icon bridges the gap between his old sound and the new.
Written by DJ Z on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.