If you pop open that twice-used, dusty dictionary and look up the word “amazing,” you’ll read that it is defined as “inspiring awe, admiration or wonder.” Interestingly enough, these words, among many others, will undoubtedly be used to describe the latest musical voyage of Kanye West. Instead of continuing on the career path of the traditional rapper, West has ventured in a completely different sonic direction. Indeed, it is a path that inspires awe, and one that will leave many listeners wondering, “What is he doing?!” Regardless of this potential rift in perception, however, West is steadfast in his approach as an international pop star, not just an emcee. On album track Amazing, a Young Jeezy-assisted record that is one of only four tracks on the LP to feature a guest artist, the Chicago icon bridges the gap between his old sound and the new.
Written by DJ Z on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.