We don’t usually post new features on Friday – but it isn’t every Friday that hip-hop superstar Kanye West unleashes the inaugural leak off his first rap album since 2007’s Graduation. Power finds producer Symbolyc One borrowing some thundering rock riffage (along with chorus vocals), from King Crimson’s 20th Century Schizoid Man as Kanye surveys his empire, does a little soul-searching, and tells the haters they can kiss his “whole ass” (or assh*le, if you wanna be more specific). E1 Music singer Dwele handles guest duties, contributing backing vocals to the hook and taking center stage on the bridge. All in all, this sprawling banger lives up to its title and then some; in fact, I can hardly imagine a grander re-entrance into the rap game. How about it, Booth readers – does this larger-than-life track bode well for ‘Ye’s long-awaited fifth full-length? Whatever your take, you can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on the hotly-anticipated My Dark Twisted Fantasy, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 05/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)