We don’t usually post new features on Friday – but it isn’t every Friday that hip-hop superstar Kanye West unleashes the inaugural leak off his first rap album since 2007’s Graduation. Power finds producer Symbolyc One borrowing some thundering rock riffage (along with chorus vocals), from King Crimson’s 20th Century Schizoid Man as Kanye surveys his empire, does a little soul-searching, and tells the haters they can kiss his “whole ass” (or assh*le, if you wanna be more specific). E1 Music singer Dwele handles guest duties, contributing backing vocals to the hook and taking center stage on the bridge. All in all, this sprawling banger lives up to its title and then some; in fact, I can hardly imagine a grander re-entrance into the rap game. How about it, Booth readers – does this larger-than-life track bode well for ‘Ye’s long-awaited fifth full-length? Whatever your take, you can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on the hotly-anticipated My Dark Twisted Fantasy, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 05/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.