Most artists who have large egos often trip out after an immediate bout of success. Others, without good reason, start their career long “I’m Cocky” binge due to a one hit smash or highly acclaimed featured verse (that is if feature verses can be highly acclaimed.) Kanye West on the other hand doesn’t care what you think and allows his fans to enjoy his ego trip along with him. This unique quality is on display on the remix to his street single, Cant Tell Me Nothing, featuring the background ad lib king, Young Jeezy. He doesn’t care what you think of him, which is clear, however he might if that meant you weren’t planning to pick up his brand new album when it drops; Graduation will be in stores and Online September 11th.
Written by DJ Z on 07/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.