Most artists who have large egos often trip out after an immediate bout of success. Others, without good reason, start their career long “I’m Cocky” binge due to a one hit smash or highly acclaimed featured verse (that is if feature verses can be highly acclaimed.) Kanye West on the other hand doesn’t care what you think and allows his fans to enjoy his ego trip along with him. This unique quality is on display on the remix to his street single, Cant Tell Me Nothing, featuring the background ad lib king, Young Jeezy. He doesn’t care what you think of him, which is clear, however he might if that meant you weren’t planning to pick up his brand new album when it drops; Graduation will be in stores and Online September 11th.
Written by DJ Z on 07/26/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.