The third single off Kanye West’ upcoming third album, Graduation, has arrived and man, is it good! Produced by Ye’ himself, along with help from DJ Toomp and Late Registration collaborator, Jon Brion, The Good Life is everything you’d expect from a song with such a title. Using a sample from Michael Jackson’s hit, Pretty Young Thing, the song has a feel good vibe that will translate into spins at clubs, weddings, strip clubs, bar mitzvahs, and house parties for the next decade. All that, and no mention yet to be made about the feature artist, T-Pain? Kanye West doesn’t need Teddy to make this song a hit, but heck, everyone else is using him, so why not? It’s the good life, baby!
Written by DJ Z on 08/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.