The third single off Kanye West’ upcoming third album, Graduation, has arrived and man, is it good! Produced by Ye’ himself, along with help from DJ Toomp and Late Registration collaborator, Jon Brion, The Good Life is everything you’d expect from a song with such a title. Using a sample from Michael Jackson’s hit, Pretty Young Thing, the song has a feel good vibe that will translate into spins at clubs, weddings, strip clubs, bar mitzvahs, and house parties for the next decade. All that, and no mention yet to be made about the feature artist, T-Pain? Kanye West doesn’t need Teddy to make this song a hit, but heck, everyone else is using him, so why not? It’s the good life, baby!
Written by DJ Z on 08/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.