As soon as you rip open the packaging on Kanye West’ Graduation and take a complete listen, there are several tracks on the album that will musically jump your way. For this reason alone it is no surprise that Flashing Lights, featuring singer Dwele, has been selected as the fourth single on the now platinum-plus certified album. The song opens to an assembly of wavering violin strings that slowly fade into a Timbaland-eqsue club beat mastered by producers West and Eric Hudson. (This is what West meant when he created Crack Music.) Be forewarned, as singer Connie Mitchell repeats the phrase ‘flashing lights’ during the song’s intro and chorus, it is not wise to operate a motor vehicle; you might end up blowing through a red while vibin’ out.
Written by DJ Z on 11/6/07
For years you watched countless graduations on tv shows and movies. It was the day when everything would change. You’d throw your hat in the air and by the time it landed you’d be an adult, ready and armed to attack the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)