As soon as you rip open the packaging on Kanye West’ Graduation and take a complete listen, there are several tracks on the album that will musically jump your way. For this reason alone it is no surprise that Flashing Lights, featuring singer Dwele, has been selected as the fourth single on the now platinum-plus certified album. The song opens to an assembly of wavering violin strings that slowly fade into a Timbaland-eqsue club beat mastered by producers West and Eric Hudson. (This is what West meant when he created Crack Music.) Be forewarned, as singer Connie Mitchell repeats the phrase ‘flashing lights’ during the song’s intro and chorus, it is not wise to operate a motor vehicle; you might end up blowing through a red while vibin’ out.
Written by DJ Z on 11/6/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.