As soon as you rip open the packaging on Kanye West’ Graduation and take a complete listen, there are several tracks on the album that will musically jump your way. For this reason alone it is no surprise that Flashing Lights, featuring singer Dwele, has been selected as the fourth single on the now platinum-plus certified album. The song opens to an assembly of wavering violin strings that slowly fade into a Timbaland-eqsue club beat mastered by producers West and Eric Hudson. (This is what West meant when he created Crack Music.) Be forewarned, as singer Connie Mitchell repeats the phrase ‘flashing lights’ during the song’s intro and chorus, it is not wise to operate a motor vehicle; you might end up blowing through a red while vibin’ out.
Written by DJ Z on 11/6/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.