While Kanye West is well past Graduation’s initial street single, Can’t Tell Me Nothing, its popularity and following has sustained enough interest for once last remix. Def Jam Records, whilst thrilled at the success of West and the upcoming release from Jay-Z, understands it must push hard for new releases from Beanie Sigel and Freeway to be successful. Both MCs have seen their previous projects receive critical acclaim; unfortunately falling victim to poor promotions. In order to turn that corner, expect more marquee collaborations between now and the release of Sigel’s The Solution and Freeway’s Free At Last.
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.