While Kanye West is well past Graduation’s initial street single, Can’t Tell Me Nothing, its popularity and following has sustained enough interest for once last remix. Def Jam Records, whilst thrilled at the success of West and the upcoming release from Jay-Z, understands it must push hard for new releases from Beanie Sigel and Freeway to be successful. Both MCs have seen their previous projects receive critical acclaim; unfortunately falling victim to poor promotions. In order to turn that corner, expect more marquee collaborations between now and the release of Sigel’s The Solution and Freeway’s Free At Last.
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.