While Kanye West is well past Graduation’s initial street single, Can’t Tell Me Nothing, its popularity and following has sustained enough interest for once last remix. Def Jam Records, whilst thrilled at the success of West and the upcoming release from Jay-Z, understands it must push hard for new releases from Beanie Sigel and Freeway to be successful. Both MCs have seen their previous projects receive critical acclaim; unfortunately falling victim to poor promotions. In order to turn that corner, expect more marquee collaborations between now and the release of Sigel’s The Solution and Freeway’s Free At Last.
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.