While Kanye West is well past Graduation’s initial street single, Can’t Tell Me Nothing, its popularity and following has sustained enough interest for once last remix. Def Jam Records, whilst thrilled at the success of West and the upcoming release from Jay-Z, understands it must push hard for new releases from Beanie Sigel and Freeway to be successful. Both MCs have seen their previous projects receive critical acclaim; unfortunately falling victim to poor promotions. In order to turn that corner, expect more marquee collaborations between now and the release of Sigel’s The Solution and Freeway’s Free At Last.
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.