Kanye West’s latest G.O.O.D Music Friday release, Don’t Stop!, featuring Pharrell Williams and Lupe Fiasco (collectively known as CRS [Child Rebel Soldiers]) was actually recorded during ‘Ye’s infamous Glow in the Dark Tour a few years back. So while this record isn’t exactly fresh out the oven, the fast paced and perfectly balanced production from The Neptunes and Mr. West fits right in with anything you’d hear off these artists’ upcoming individual albums. Pharrell starts off the hookless song spitting at a caliber I didn’t even know he could reach. He had to step it up to precede Lupe, who bodied every bar he was allotted, catching your attention not only with clever, rapid fire lines, but by stretching out the “iiiiiiii” sound that keeps you rewinding the verse to catch every reference. The start of Kanye’s closing verse plays well off Lupe’s, and should inspire a few smirks with plenty witty wordplay. For me, it ranks somewhere in the middle of the G.O.O.D Friday release history, and has me amped to cop Kanye’s new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, due out Nov. 22.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 10/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)