Kanye West’s latest G.O.O.D Music Friday release, Don’t Stop!, featuring Pharrell Williams and Lupe Fiasco (collectively known as CRS [Child Rebel Soldiers]) was actually recorded during ‘Ye’s infamous Glow in the Dark Tour a few years back. So while this record isn’t exactly fresh out the oven, the fast paced and perfectly balanced production from The Neptunes and Mr. West fits right in with anything you’d hear off these artists’ upcoming individual albums. Pharrell starts off the hookless song spitting at a caliber I didn’t even know he could reach. He had to step it up to precede Lupe, who bodied every bar he was allotted, catching your attention not only with clever, rapid fire lines, but by stretching out the “iiiiiiii” sound that keeps you rewinding the verse to catch every reference. The start of Kanye’s closing verse plays well off Lupe’s, and should inspire a few smirks with plenty witty wordplay. For me, it ranks somewhere in the middle of the G.O.O.D Friday release history, and has me amped to cop Kanye’s new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, due out Nov. 22.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 10/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.