Every year it seems hip-hop contributes to the Christmas festivities by grabbing some sleigh bells and an MPC and making a hit for Santa to ride out to. Whether they are gems like Death Row’s Santa Goes Straight Through The Ghetto, or failed attempts like Bang’s Christmas Story, it’s always good to see hip-hop in the spirit of the season. This year the giving gets good as Funk Master Flex recently premiered a new Kanye track featuring Cam’ron, Jim Jones, Big Sean, Cyhi Da Prynce, Pusha-T, Teyana Taylor and Musiq Soulchild, titled Christmas In Harlem. With Hit-Boy on the beat, all the emcees and singers bring to the table their future plans for Christmas over the orchestral instrumental. The biggest surprise here is Teyana Taylor’s voice, which is an absolute standout, but ultimately everyone else on the song deliver as well, although it does get short ended because there are just so many monstrous emcees vying for space on one song. After all, you can only fit so many rhymes into six and a half minutes, even in the season of miracles.
Written by JRTheWriter on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.