Every year it seems hip-hop contributes to the Christmas festivities by grabbing some sleigh bells and an MPC and making a hit for Santa to ride out to. Whether they are gems like Death Row’s Santa Goes Straight Through The Ghetto, or failed attempts like Bang’s Christmas Story, it’s always good to see hip-hop in the spirit of the season. This year the giving gets good as Funk Master Flex recently premiered a new Kanye track featuring Cam’ron, Jim Jones, Big Sean, Cyhi Da Prynce, Pusha-T, Teyana Taylor and Musiq Soulchild, titled Christmas In Harlem. With Hit-Boy on the beat, all the emcees and singers bring to the table their future plans for Christmas over the orchestral instrumental. The biggest surprise here is Teyana Taylor’s voice, which is an absolute standout, but ultimately everyone else on the song deliver as well, although it does get short ended because there are just so many monstrous emcees vying for space on one song. After all, you can only fit so many rhymes into six and a half minutes, even in the season of miracles.
Written by JRTheWriter on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.