Every year it seems hip-hop contributes to the Christmas festivities by grabbing some sleigh bells and an MPC and making a hit for Santa to ride out to. Whether they are gems like Death Row’s Santa Goes Straight Through The Ghetto, or failed attempts like Bang’s Christmas Story, it’s always good to see hip-hop in the spirit of the season. This year the giving gets good as Funk Master Flex recently premiered a new Kanye track featuring Cam’ron, Jim Jones, Big Sean, Cyhi Da Prynce, Pusha-T, Teyana Taylor and Musiq Soulchild, titled Christmas In Harlem. With Hit-Boy on the beat, all the emcees and singers bring to the table their future plans for Christmas over the orchestral instrumental. The biggest surprise here is Teyana Taylor’s voice, which is an absolute standout, but ultimately everyone else on the song deliver as well, although it does get short ended because there are just so many monstrous emcees vying for space on one song. After all, you can only fit so many rhymes into six and a half minutes, even in the season of miracles.
Written by JRTheWriter on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.