I was running out of ways to lead into these G.O.O.D. Friday records until a song from Kanye West’s still untitled album leaked. Not only did the leak set the internet on fire with debate, it prompted Kanye to cancel this week’s release. Like an easily forgiving parent though, Kanye decided Saturday morning to still give fans some Christian Dior Denim Flow. While frequent contributors Swizz Beatz and Charlie Wilson (thankfully) sit this week out, the talent is increased with the inclusion of Ryan Leslie and Lloyd Banks making their first appearances. Production wise, Kanye is all over the place, including heavy snares, menacing piano strings for the final three verses and wailing guitars to highlight KiD CuDi’s verse. The chorus is an instant winner and in terms of actual rapping, Ye name drops some top flight models, Pusha gets on his smooth tip and Banks’ slow flow fits comfortably on the second half of the record.
While some outlets have reported a November 22 release date, Kanye himself continues to insist he still doesn’t know when his next possible classic will drop. Hopefully he won’t put us on punishment again in the meantime.
UPDATE: Yeezy just announced via Twitter that November 22 is indeed the release date, still no title though.
Written by Brando on 10/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.