Ready to finally graduate from the college he dropped out of because he was late to register, Kanye West has unleashed the first single off his September bound release. Can’t Tell Me Nothing, co-produced by veteran beatsmith DJ Toomp, is a blatant representation of West’ personality and ego. His verses are carefully worded and tightly packed around a chorus that has West exclaiming the song’s title over what seems eerily close to Young Jeezy’s classic drone laugh. Three LP’s into his career it seems as though his personality and swagger are still the same; lucky for us his music is too.
Written by DJ Z on 05/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.