Ready to finally graduate from the college he dropped out of because he was late to register, Kanye West has unleashed the first single off his September bound release. Can’t Tell Me Nothing, co-produced by veteran beatsmith DJ Toomp, is a blatant representation of West’ personality and ego. His verses are carefully worded and tightly packed around a chorus that has West exclaiming the song’s title over what seems eerily close to Young Jeezy’s classic drone laugh. Three LP’s into his career it seems as though his personality and swagger are still the same; lucky for us his music is too.
Written by DJ Z on 05/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.