Despite delays from the crew, G.O.O.D Friday (or Saturdays, whichever you prefer) has finally arrived, and while last week was a throwback to the days of soul samples and retrospective lyrics, this week’s entry is pure battle rap. You may want to focus on the Yeezy production, as anthemic as it seems – but everything takes a backseat to the lyrics and flows on display. Pusha T sticks to his celebrating drug lords motif (check the Shower Posse reference) with his bob and weave flow, Kanye rolls up his typical adages on sex and his own come-up and CyHi uses slighlyt double timed stanzas to express his knuckle game. But prepare for a debate to rage on who had the better verse between Big Sean and J. Cole. Sean pulls out a rapid fire sixteen nothing like any of his previous features and Cole delivers an absolute gem mixed with hunger and determination to remind folks why he has the most sought after debut album in the game. We’ve only got three weeks until Kanye’s My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy lands (November 22), but the bar keeps getting raised for a rousing grand finale to the G.O.O.D. Friday series.
Written by Brando on 11/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.