Since today is the start of the NBA season, let’s compare G.O.O.D. Music’s BET Cypher to the Los Angeles Lakers. With DJ Premier (Phil Jackson) leading the way on the one and twos, the first up is Pusha T, who shows off a rawness and aggression most would be afraid to challenge. Let’s call him Ron Artest. Big Sean follows and spits a verse that many are calling the cypher’s best. Although Big Sean may be off the radar to some, he is definitely capable of coming off the bench and dominating like Lamar Odom. Next up is the label’s newest member Cyhi Da Prince, who shows he’s no rookie, and is versatile enough to crash the boards (Matt Barnes). Common follows and unfortunately spits some mediocre lines, but although he may have been the weakest offering, this vet will always be a strong part of the team like Derek Fisher. Finally the leader Kanye West spits arguably the best lines of the cipher, which I’m sure you’ve seen Twitter quoted for the past week. Once again Yeezy comes through in the clutch like Kobe and is poised to lead this team to a championship season.
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.