For many in the U.S., The American Dream has become something much more akin to a nightmare. On his first feature and latest mixtape single, Kane The Poet rails against the nation’s climate of socioeconomic injustice (with particular emphasis on the prison-industrial complex), flowing over Clark Kent and LA the Craftzman‘s gritty, old-school production. For more, check out new mixtape The Ghost Writer Part II, scheduled to hit the ‘net tomorrow (10/7).
Written by richard on 10/6/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.