For many in the U.S., The American Dream has become something much more akin to a nightmare. On his first feature and latest mixtape single, Kane The Poet rails against the nation’s climate of socioeconomic injustice (with particular emphasis on the prison-industrial complex), flowing over Clark Kent and LA the Craftzman‘s gritty, old-school production. For more, check out new mixtape The Ghost Writer Part II, scheduled to hit the ‘net tomorrow (10/7).
Written by richard on 10/6/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.