For many in the U.S., The American Dream has become something much more akin to a nightmare. On his first feature and latest mixtape single, Kane The Poet rails against the nation’s climate of socioeconomic injustice (with particular emphasis on the prison-industrial complex), flowing over Clark Kent and LA the Craftzman‘s gritty, old-school production. For more, check out new mixtape The Ghost Writer Part II, scheduled to hit the ‘net tomorrow (10/7).
Written by richard on 10/6/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.