For many in the U.S., The American Dream has become something much more akin to a nightmare. On his first feature and latest mixtape single, Kane The Poet rails against the nation’s climate of socioeconomic injustice (with particular emphasis on the prison-industrial complex), flowing over Clark Kent and LA the Craftzman‘s gritty, old-school production. For more, check out new mixtape The Ghost Writer Part II, scheduled to hit the ‘net tomorrow (10/7).
Written by richard on 10/6/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)