For all the guys out there: have you ever met a female who had it all – beauty, intelligence, style, class – but ended up too intimidated by her apparent perfection to make a move on That Girl? If so, you’ll have no trouble relating to Booth newcomer Kane‘s brand new mixtape single. That’s not to say that the ladies should feel left out – female listeners will doubtless get butterflies in their stomachs on hearing Kane and featured artist Ray J pour out their hearts about the special girl who has them utterly enchanted. The Miami native’s breathless verses find him rapping over himself (with a little studio help), listing off all his love interest’s wonderful qualities, and the emotional effect is heightened by Beat Storm‘s mellow production, which positively drips with synthesized soul. Found on Kane’s 24/7 Hustle (Vol. 1) mixtape, (available for free download here), this romantic cut will have all the men pining for, and all the ladies wanting to be That Girl.
Written by richard on 01/12/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.