For all the guys out there: have you ever met a female who had it all – beauty, intelligence, style, class – but ended up too intimidated by her apparent perfection to make a move on That Girl? If so, you’ll have no trouble relating to Booth newcomer Kane‘s brand new mixtape single. That’s not to say that the ladies should feel left out – female listeners will doubtless get butterflies in their stomachs on hearing Kane and featured artist Ray J pour out their hearts about the special girl who has them utterly enchanted. The Miami native’s breathless verses find him rapping over himself (with a little studio help), listing off all his love interest’s wonderful qualities, and the emotional effect is heightened by Beat Storm‘s mellow production, which positively drips with synthesized soul. Found on Kane’s 24/7 Hustle (Vol. 1) mixtape, (available for free download here), this romantic cut will have all the men pining for, and all the ladies wanting to be That Girl.
Written by richard on 01/12/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.