For all the guys out there: have you ever met a female who had it all – beauty, intelligence, style, class – but ended up too intimidated by her apparent perfection to make a move on That Girl? If so, you’ll have no trouble relating to Booth newcomer Kane‘s brand new mixtape single. That’s not to say that the ladies should feel left out – female listeners will doubtless get butterflies in their stomachs on hearing Kane and featured artist Ray J pour out their hearts about the special girl who has them utterly enchanted. The Miami native’s breathless verses find him rapping over himself (with a little studio help), listing off all his love interest’s wonderful qualities, and the emotional effect is heightened by Beat Storm‘s mellow production, which positively drips with synthesized soul. Found on Kane’s 24/7 Hustle (Vol. 1) mixtape, (available for free download here), this romantic cut will have all the men pining for, and all the ladies wanting to be That Girl.
Written by richard on 01/12/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.