Man, it’s been a great week to be sick (thanks for the balloons, whoever sent them), mostly because I’ve found that the healing properties of Booth music are up there with Chicken Soup for the Soul and Oprah (um…not that I would know). For this installment of healthy music, I give you Ohio emcee Kandid McFly and his DJBooth debut Stage Fright, a somber testament to how hard the hip-hop life really is for an up-and-coming artist. Production wise the piano-laced beat does well to keep the energy of the track running (provided by 8 Attack), as McFly puts his heart on his sleeve, sharing his trials in the music industry with lines like, “Sometimes I want to quit, but kids look up to McFly/ don’t look up to me, shorty, look up in the sky.” If you liked this track, be sure to check out more soulful comfort music on his next project, The Opening Act (presented by Mr. Peter Parker), due out this May.
Listen to More: Kandid McFly
Written by Sigurd on 03/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strung Out [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.