Man, it’s been a great week to be sick (thanks for the balloons, whoever sent them), mostly because I’ve found that the healing properties of Booth music are up there with Chicken Soup for the Soul and Oprah (um…not that I would know). For this installment of healthy music, I give you Ohio emcee Kandid McFly and his DJBooth debut Stage Fright, a somber testament to how hard the hip-hop life really is for an up-and-coming artist. Production wise the piano-laced beat does well to keep the energy of the track running (provided by 8 Attack), as McFly puts his heart on his sleeve, sharing his trials in the music industry with lines like, “Sometimes I want to quit, but kids look up to McFly/ don’t look up to me, shorty, look up in the sky.” If you liked this track, be sure to check out more soulful comfort music on his next project, The Opening Act (presented by Mr. Peter Parker), due out this May.
Written by Sigurd on 03/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strung Out [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.