Man, it’s been a great week to be sick (thanks for the balloons, whoever sent them), mostly because I’ve found that the healing properties of Booth music are up there with Chicken Soup for the Soul and Oprah (um…not that I would know). For this installment of healthy music, I give you Ohio emcee Kandid McFly and his DJBooth debut Stage Fright, a somber testament to how hard the hip-hop life really is for an up-and-coming artist. Production wise the piano-laced beat does well to keep the energy of the track running (provided by 8 Attack), as McFly puts his heart on his sleeve, sharing his trials in the music industry with lines like, “Sometimes I want to quit, but kids look up to McFly/ don’t look up to me, shorty, look up in the sky.” If you liked this track, be sure to check out more soulful comfort music on his next project, The Opening Act (presented by Mr. Peter Parker), due out this May.
Listen to More: Kandid McFly Written by Sigurd
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strung Out [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.