Man, it’s been a great week to be sick (thanks for the balloons, whoever sent them), mostly because I’ve found that the healing properties of Booth music are up there with Chicken Soup for the Soul and Oprah (um…not that I would know). For this installment of healthy music, I give you Ohio emcee Kandid McFly and his DJBooth debut Stage Fright, a somber testament to how hard the hip-hop life really is for an up-and-coming artist. Production wise the piano-laced beat does well to keep the energy of the track running (provided by 8 Attack), as McFly puts his heart on his sleeve, sharing his trials in the music industry with lines like, “Sometimes I want to quit, but kids look up to McFly/ don’t look up to me, shorty, look up in the sky.” If you liked this track, be sure to check out more soulful comfort music on his next project, The Opening Act (presented by Mr. Peter Parker), due out this May.
Listen to More: Kandid McFly
Written by Sigurd on 03/3/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strung Out [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.