Like many emcees, Kandid McFly‘s more comfortable setting listeners straight on what he’s not than he is placing himself into an artistic box – fortunately, the Cincinnati buzzmaker’s music speaks more loudly than any genre label possibly could. Having proven himself as a masterful storyteller on the reader-acclaimed Leave My Side, McFly’s back to showcase yet another side of his persona with Soul Music (Hey Ho) the final leak (and Booth-exclusive world premiere) off his latest mixtape. Backed by the triumphant brass fanfare of Minne-ap duo 8 Attack (the sole producers on the project), the Kandid informs us that he’s neither a sh*t-talker nor a conscious rapper – so, what is he? Simply a fresh, fly and undeniably talented up-and-comer “on a quest to be the best to ever hold a mic,” and chill with a few fine females along the way. Though, as the artist goes on to acknowledge, G.O.A.T. status can’t be achieved overnight, tomorrow will bring him one sizable step closer to his destination; on Wednesday, Sept. 8, McFly’s DJBooth-sponsored The Musical street album arrives on our mixtape page for free streaming and download!
Written by richard on 09/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stage Fright" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.