Like many emcees, Kandid McFly‘s more comfortable setting listeners straight on what he’s not than he is placing himself into an artistic box – fortunately, the Cincinnati buzzmaker’s music speaks more loudly than any genre label possibly could. Having proven himself as a masterful storyteller on the reader-acclaimed Leave My Side, McFly’s back to showcase yet another side of his persona with Soul Music (Hey Ho) the final leak (and Booth-exclusive world premiere) off his latest mixtape. Backed by the triumphant brass fanfare of Minne-ap duo 8 Attack (the sole producers on the project), the Kandid informs us that he’s neither a sh*t-talker nor a conscious rapper – so, what is he? Simply a fresh, fly and undeniably talented up-and-comer “on a quest to be the best to ever hold a mic,” and chill with a few fine females along the way. Though, as the artist goes on to acknowledge, G.O.A.T. status can’t be achieved overnight, tomorrow will bring him one sizable step closer to his destination; on Wednesday, Sept. 8, McFly’s DJBooth-sponsored The Musical street album arrives on our mixtape page for free streaming and download!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stage Fright" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.