Like many emcees, Kandid McFly‘s more comfortable setting listeners straight on what he’s not than he is placing himself into an artistic box – fortunately, the Cincinnati buzzmaker’s music speaks more loudly than any genre label possibly could. Having proven himself as a masterful storyteller on the reader-acclaimed Leave My Side, McFly’s back to showcase yet another side of his persona with Soul Music (Hey Ho) the final leak (and Booth-exclusive world premiere) off his latest mixtape. Backed by the triumphant brass fanfare of Minne-ap duo 8 Attack (the sole producers on the project), the Kandid informs us that he’s neither a sh*t-talker nor a conscious rapper – so, what is he? Simply a fresh, fly and undeniably talented up-and-comer “on a quest to be the best to ever hold a mic,” and chill with a few fine females along the way. Though, as the artist goes on to acknowledge, G.O.A.T. status can’t be achieved overnight, tomorrow will bring him one sizable step closer to his destination; on Wednesday, Sept. 8, McFly’s DJBooth-sponsored The Musical street album arrives on our mixtape page for free streaming and download!
Written by richard on 09/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stage Fright" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.