As I’m sure the fellas will agree, few things could be more infuriating than hearing a girl you have feelings for complain of being mistreated by her man. Be that as it may, such situations can quickly turn even uglier when a third party throws his emotions into the mix rather than working through the appropriate authorities – just ask Ohio up-and-comer Kandid McFly. Leave My Side, the second of three exclusive world premieres off the artist’s forthcoming street album, finds 8 Attack Productions serving up a soulful, keyboard-driven instrumental as McFly spins a narrative that begins as your typical tale of a guy “friend-zoned” by a girl who’s already taken, but takes a dark turn when physical abuse enters the picture. The end result, while melodramatic, is about as harrowing as a rap record gets – and it leaves no doubt about Kandid McFly ‘s skills as a storyteller. If you appreciated this emotionally affecting jam, keep it locked; the emcee is set to bring us one more premiere in the lead-up to the September 8, arrival of his new, DJBooth.net sponsored mixtape, The Opening Act.
Written by richard on 08/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stage Fright" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.