As I’m sure the fellas will agree, few things could be more infuriating than hearing a girl you have feelings for complain of being mistreated by her man. Be that as it may, such situations can quickly turn even uglier when a third party throws his emotions into the mix rather than working through the appropriate authorities – just ask Ohio up-and-comer Kandid McFly. Leave My Side, the second of three exclusive world premieres off the artist’s forthcoming street album, finds 8 Attack Productions serving up a soulful, keyboard-driven instrumental as McFly spins a narrative that begins as your typical tale of a guy “friend-zoned” by a girl who’s already taken, but takes a dark turn when physical abuse enters the picture. The end result, while melodramatic, is about as harrowing as a rap record gets – and it leaves no doubt about Kandid McFly ‘s skills as a storyteller. If you appreciated this emotionally affecting jam, keep it locked; the emcee is set to bring us one more premiere in the lead-up to the September 8, arrival of his new, DJBooth.net sponsored mixtape, The Opening Act.
Written by richard on 08/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stage Fright" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.