As I’m sure the fellas will agree, few things could be more infuriating than hearing a girl you have feelings for complain of being mistreated by her man. Be that as it may, such situations can quickly turn even uglier when a third party throws his emotions into the mix rather than working through the appropriate authorities – just ask Ohio up-and-comer Kandid McFly. Leave My Side, the second of three exclusive world premieres off the artist’s forthcoming street album, finds 8 Attack Productions serving up a soulful, keyboard-driven instrumental as McFly spins a narrative that begins as your typical tale of a guy “friend-zoned” by a girl who’s already taken, but takes a dark turn when physical abuse enters the picture. The end result, while melodramatic, is about as harrowing as a rap record gets – and it leaves no doubt about Kandid McFly ‘s skills as a storyteller. If you appreciated this emotionally affecting jam, keep it locked; the emcee is set to bring us one more premiere in the lead-up to the September 8, arrival of his new, DJBooth.net sponsored mixtape, The Opening Act.
Written by richard on 08/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stage Fright" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.