When someone tells you they’re “Still Alive,” the implication is that they survived a brush with mortal danger. In the case of Kami de Chukwu and Joey Purp, that’s just what happened. While shooting the video for their latest joint single, the Save Money colleagues were interrupted by an armed robbery, which (along with ensuing scheduling difficulties) prevented the clip’s completion in time for its planned 2013 release. While it took a little longer than expected, I think all will agree that the end product was worth the wait. To accompany the promo single, a lyrical banger fueled by Thelonious Martin and drummer Stix‘s rock-infused boardwork, director Verluxe has cooked up a gritty visual packing cameos from Vic Mensa, Chance The Rapper, Tokyo Shawn, Caleb James, Dally Auston and Brian Fresco. Still Alive isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can look forward to more from the whole Save Money collective throughout 2014, including a Leather Corduroys album, Tokyo Shawn’s Wave Theory and an untitled Donnie Trumpet LP.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
Limelight Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For the People" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.