Kami De Chukwu and Tokyo Shawn may be part of Chance the Rapper‘s SAVEMONEY collective, but padding their retirement accounts isn’t the sole, or even the primary motivation behind their hustle. Above all, they do what they do For the People. On their mutual debut feature, freshly-released as a single off Sandlot.tv and Mostly Junk Food‘s next compilation album, the Chi-town natives share their philosophy on the industry, cautioning their peers against falling for label heads’ empty promises (Kami spits, “The devil take you mountainside to tempt you for your 10 percent / You’ll never touch the mountain’s top unless you should invest in him / Guess again…”). Thelonious Martin backs their bars with a wailing guitar/vocal sample (Anyone ID the source?). Fans will be able to find this thought-provoking joint and many more fresh cuts from the game’s hottest emerging artists on New Kids on the Blog,, dropping digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Limelight Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Prophet " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.