Kami De Chukwu and Tokyo Shawn may be part of Chance the Rapper‘s SAVEMONEY collective, but padding their retirement accounts isn’t the sole, or even the primary motivation behind their hustle. Above all, they do what they do For the People. On their mutual debut feature, freshly-released as a single off Sandlot.tv and Mostly Junk Food‘s next compilation album, the Chi-town natives share their philosophy on the industry, cautioning their peers against falling for label heads’ empty promises (Kami spits, “The devil take you mountainside to tempt you for your 10 percent / You’ll never touch the mountain’s top unless you should invest in him / Guess again…”). Thelonious Martin backs their bars with a wailing guitar/vocal sample (Anyone ID the source?). Fans will be able to find this thought-provoking joint and many more fresh cuts from the game’s hottest emerging artists on New Kids on the Blog,, dropping digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
Limelight Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Prophet " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)