Kami De Chukwu and Tokyo Shawn may be part of Chance the Rapper‘s SAVEMONEY collective, but padding their retirement accounts isn’t the sole, or even the primary motivation behind their hustle. Above all, they do what they do For the People. On their mutual debut feature, freshly-released as a single off Sandlot.tv and Mostly Junk Food‘s next compilation album, the Chi-town natives share their philosophy on the industry, cautioning their peers against falling for label heads’ empty promises (Kami spits, “The devil take you mountainside to tempt you for your 10 percent / You’ll never touch the mountain’s top unless you should invest in him / Guess again…”). Thelonious Martin backs their bars with a wailing guitar/vocal sample (Anyone ID the source?). Fans will be able to find this thought-provoking joint and many more fresh cuts from the game’s hottest emerging artists on New Kids on the Blog,, dropping digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Limelight Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Prophet " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)