If looks, fame and fortune could buy happiness, celebrity gossip rags (and their online counterparts) would have gone out of business a long, long time ago; for those unable to appreciate what they’ve got, material success just allows one to be miserable more flamboyantly. Well aware that sayings like “Happiness isn’t having what you want, it’s wanting what you have” are only clichés because they’re true, Booth newcomer Kam Moye (a.k.a. Supastition) spends new single Let’s Be Honest giving thanks for the small things that do matter. Over Veterano‘s infectiously easygoing, soul-sampling boardwork, the Charlotte native explains that his family, friends, and faith are more than enough to keep him satisfied, even if he hasn’t got a million bucks, an Aston Martin, or GQ-worthy looks. With an ear for lyrical detail as keen as his message is on-point, Kam should have no trouble winning over Booth regulars. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find more on Kam Moye’s Splitting Image LP, set to drop Oct. 27, via MYX Music Label.
Written by richard on 10/5/09
Submit your Rating
Reform School Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.