If looks, fame and fortune could buy happiness, celebrity gossip rags (and their online counterparts) would have gone out of business a long, long time ago; for those unable to appreciate what they’ve got, material success just allows one to be miserable more flamboyantly. Well aware that sayings like “Happiness isn’t having what you want, it’s wanting what you have” are only clichés because they’re true, Booth newcomer Kam Moye (a.k.a. Supastition) spends new single Let’s Be Honest giving thanks for the small things that do matter. Over Veterano‘s infectiously easygoing, soul-sampling boardwork, the Charlotte native explains that his family, friends, and faith are more than enough to keep him satisfied, even if he hasn’t got a million bucks, an Aston Martin, or GQ-worthy looks. With an ear for lyrical detail as keen as his message is on-point, Kam should have no trouble winning over Booth regulars. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find more on Kam Moye’s Splitting Image LP, set to drop Oct. 27, via MYX Music Label.
Listen to More: Supastition
Written by richard on 10/5/09
Reform School Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.