If looks, fame and fortune could buy happiness, celebrity gossip rags (and their online counterparts) would have gone out of business a long, long time ago; for those unable to appreciate what they’ve got, material success just allows one to be miserable more flamboyantly. Well aware that sayings like “Happiness isn’t having what you want, it’s wanting what you have” are only clichés because they’re true, Booth newcomer Kam Moye (a.k.a. Supastition) spends new single Let’s Be Honest giving thanks for the small things that do matter. Over Veterano‘s infectiously easygoing, soul-sampling boardwork, the Charlotte native explains that his family, friends, and faith are more than enough to keep him satisfied, even if he hasn’t got a million bucks, an Aston Martin, or GQ-worthy looks. With an ear for lyrical detail as keen as his message is on-point, Kam should have no trouble winning over Booth regulars. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find more on Kam Moye’s Splitting Image LP, set to drop Oct. 27, via MYX Music Label.
Listen to More: Supastition
Written by richard on 10/5/09
Submit your Rating
Reform School Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Once Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.