Taking care of multiple children isn’t an easy task in the best of circumstances. Without the benefit of a fully-mobile body, the task becomes downright staggering. Last heard on January’s Spread My Wings, L.A.-by-way-of-Boston rhymesayer KaliRaps dedicates his latest promotional single to Christine, the woman who managed to raise him and his brother right, despite being handicapped by cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis. Named after The Chair to which she’s confined, the record finds Kali expressing gratitude for his mother’s love, and awe of her resilience, over producer Fonikz’ soulful boardwork. Dominic provides a heartfelt chorus, and GorillaFlix directs the official visuals, which depict some of the challenges Christine faces on a daily basis. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for the latest from KaliRaps.
Written by richard on 04/5/13
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.