Taking care of multiple children isn’t an easy task in the best of circumstances. Without the benefit of a fully-mobile body, the task becomes downright staggering. Last heard on January’s Spread My Wings, L.A.-by-way-of-Boston rhymesayer KaliRaps dedicates his latest promotional single to Christine, the woman who managed to raise him and his brother right, despite being handicapped by cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis. Named after The Chair to which she’s confined, the record finds Kali expressing gratitude for his mother’s love, and awe of her resilience, over producer Fonikz’ soulful boardwork. Dominic provides a heartfelt chorus, and GorillaFlix directs the official visuals, which depict some of the challenges Christine faces on a daily basis. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for the latest from KaliRaps.
Written by richard on 04/5/13
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.