Taking care of multiple children isn’t an easy task in the best of circumstances. Without the benefit of a fully-mobile body, the task becomes downright staggering. Last heard on January’s Spread My Wings, L.A.-by-way-of-Boston rhymesayer KaliRaps dedicates his latest promotional single to Christine, the woman who managed to raise him and his brother right, despite being handicapped by cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis. Named after The Chair to which she’s confined, the record finds Kali expressing gratitude for his mother’s love, and awe of her resilience, over producer Fonikz’ soulful boardwork. Dominic provides a heartfelt chorus, and GorillaFlix directs the official visuals, which depict some of the challenges Christine faces on a daily basis. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for the latest from KaliRaps.
Written by richard on 04/5/13
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.