Taking care of multiple children isn’t an easy task in the best of circumstances. Without the benefit of a fully-mobile body, the task becomes downright staggering. Last heard on January’s Spread My Wings, L.A.-by-way-of-Boston rhymesayer KaliRaps dedicates his latest promotional single to Christine, the woman who managed to raise him and his brother right, despite being handicapped by cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis. Named after The Chair to which she’s confined, the record finds Kali expressing gratitude for his mother’s love, and awe of her resilience, over producer Fonikz’ soulful boardwork. Dominic provides a heartfelt chorus, and GorillaFlix directs the official visuals, which depict some of the challenges Christine faces on a daily basis. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for the latest from KaliRaps.
Written by richard on 04/5/13
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.