Rappers are constantly talking about the importance of Realness, and bemoaning its scarcity in the game. Given the vital role honesty and authenticity play in romantic relationships, R&B singers should be equally interested in the topic. On her debut DJBooth feature, part of a recent compilation from DJ Kitty Cash, unsigned soul songstress Kali Uchs lets a new man know that wining and dining her isn’t sufficient to win her heart; he’s also gotta keep it one-hundred. Bunx provides a funky, laid-back instrumental to accompany the Colombian-born recording artist’s gentle, sandpapery vocals. Cash’s Love the Free II tape is out now online. Fans should also watch our pages for the latest on Uchis’s debut album, Por Vida, which she plans to release “within the next few months.”
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.