Rappers are constantly talking about the importance of Realness, and bemoaning its scarcity in the game. Given the vital role honesty and authenticity play in romantic relationships, R&B singers should be equally interested in the topic. On her debut DJBooth feature, part of a recent compilation from DJ Kitty Cash, unsigned soul songstress Kali Uchs lets a new man know that wining and dining her isn’t sufficient to win her heart; he’s also gotta keep it one-hundred. Bunx provides a funky, laid-back instrumental to accompany the Colombian-born recording artist’s gentle, sandpapery vocals. Cash’s Love the Free II tape is out now online. Fans should also watch our pages for the latest on Uchis’s debut album, Por Vida, which she plans to release “within the next few months.”
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.