Rappers are constantly talking about the importance of Realness, and bemoaning its scarcity in the game. Given the vital role honesty and authenticity play in romantic relationships, R&B singers should be equally interested in the topic. On her debut DJBooth feature, part of a recent compilation from DJ Kitty Cash, unsigned soul songstress Kali Uchs lets a new man know that wining and dining her isn’t sufficient to win her heart; he’s also gotta keep it one-hundred. Bunx provides a funky, laid-back instrumental to accompany the Colombian-born recording artist’s gentle, sandpapery vocals. Cash’s Love the Free II tape is out now online. Fans should also watch our pages for the latest on Uchis’s debut album, Por Vida, which she plans to release “within the next few months.”
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.