Rappers are constantly talking about the importance of Realness, and bemoaning its scarcity in the game. Given the vital role honesty and authenticity play in romantic relationships, R&B singers should be equally interested in the topic. On her debut DJBooth feature, part of a recent compilation from DJ Kitty Cash, unsigned soul songstress Kali Uchs lets a new man know that wining and dining her isn’t sufficient to win her heart; he’s also gotta keep it one-hundred. Bunx provides a funky, laid-back instrumental to accompany the Colombian-born recording artist’s gentle, sandpapery vocals. Cash’s Love the Free II tape is out now online. Fans should also watch our pages for the latest on Uchis’s debut album, Por Vida, which she plans to release “within the next few months.”
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.