As Shakespere tells us, “Parting is such sweet sorrow.” That may have been the case for Romeo and Juliet, but it is most certainly not the case for Kali Raps on his latest cut, Goodbye. While most break-up songs are doom and gloom, Kali flips the script and brings us this catchy, upbeat track, with a top down, cruising on the strip vibe. Assisting Kali is producer Kashmir Royal, who provides a breezy beat with a distinct west coast flavor for the California (by way of Massachusetts) emcee to bid adieu his girl. In fact, Raps won’t be needing any tissues for this breakup because, according to him, he is “Sick of my baby mama, sick of the back and forth, sick of the frickin’ drama” and just wants to say Goodbye. If you dig this farewell song, be sure to check out Kali Raps’ forthcoming Hats Off mixtape, hosted by DJ Lus.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!