As Shakespere tells us, “Parting is such sweet sorrow.” That may have been the case for Romeo and Juliet, but it is most certainly not the case for Kali Raps on his latest cut, Goodbye. While most break-up songs are doom and gloom, Kali flips the script and brings us this catchy, upbeat track, with a top down, cruising on the strip vibe. Assisting Kali is producer Kashmir Royal, who provides a breezy beat with a distinct west coast flavor for the California (by way of Massachusetts) emcee to bid adieu his girl. In fact, Raps won’t be needing any tissues for this breakup because, according to him, he is “Sick of my baby mama, sick of the back and forth, sick of the frickin’ drama” and just wants to say Goodbye. If you dig this farewell song, be sure to check out Kali Raps’ forthcoming Hats Off mixtape, hosted by DJ Lus.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/5/12
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.