As Shakespere tells us, “Parting is such sweet sorrow.” That may have been the case for Romeo and Juliet, but it is most certainly not the case for Kali Raps on his latest cut, Goodbye. While most break-up songs are doom and gloom, Kali flips the script and brings us this catchy, upbeat track, with a top down, cruising on the strip vibe. Assisting Kali is producer Kashmir Royal, who provides a breezy beat with a distinct west coast flavor for the California (by way of Massachusetts) emcee to bid adieu his girl. In fact, Raps won’t be needing any tissues for this breakup because, according to him, he is “Sick of my baby mama, sick of the back and forth, sick of the frickin’ drama” and just wants to say Goodbye. If you dig this farewell song, be sure to check out Kali Raps’ forthcoming Hats Off mixtape, hosted by DJ Lus.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.