As Shakespere tells us, “Parting is such sweet sorrow.” That may have been the case for Romeo and Juliet, but it is most certainly not the case for Kali Raps on his latest cut, Goodbye. While most break-up songs are doom and gloom, Kali flips the script and brings us this catchy, upbeat track, with a top down, cruising on the strip vibe. Assisting Kali is producer Kashmir Royal, who provides a breezy beat with a distinct west coast flavor for the California (by way of Massachusetts) emcee to bid adieu his girl. In fact, Raps won’t be needing any tissues for this breakup because, according to him, he is “Sick of my baby mama, sick of the back and forth, sick of the frickin’ drama” and just wants to say Goodbye. If you dig this farewell song, be sure to check out Kali Raps’ forthcoming Hats Off mixtape, hosted by DJ Lus.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.