As Shakespere tells us, “Parting is such sweet sorrow.” That may have been the case for Romeo and Juliet, but it is most certainly not the case for Kali Raps on his latest cut, Goodbye. While most break-up songs are doom and gloom, Kali flips the script and brings us this catchy, upbeat track, with a top down, cruising on the strip vibe. Assisting Kali is producer Kashmir Royal, who provides a breezy beat with a distinct west coast flavor for the California (by way of Massachusetts) emcee to bid adieu his girl. In fact, Raps won’t be needing any tissues for this breakup because, according to him, he is “Sick of my baby mama, sick of the back and forth, sick of the frickin’ drama” and just wants to say Goodbye. If you dig this farewell song, be sure to check out Kali Raps’ forthcoming Hats Off mixtape, hosted by DJ Lus.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/5/12
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.