In Stratosphere, also featured today, DMV rapper Thad Reid uses altitude as a metaphor for success in the music game. Kali? He pretty much just loves his weed. Newly-leaked mixtape cut Higher may not contain any blinding philosophical insights, but those looking a fresh, spacey soundtrack for a stoned or straight vibe-out session could hardly do better. As on previous feature Cali Kali, Statik Selektah mans the boards, cooking up a hazy, sampled groove as the West Coast emcee gives his thoughts on weed, women and more weed. Massachusetts emcee Termanology handles guest duties, waxing poetic about his favorite smokable substance and painting a lyrical portrait of his ideal woman (“a curvy, curly Puerto Rican Shirley Temple”) on the front end. If Kali and Term’s woozy musings leave you hungry for more, stay tuned – the headliner’s latest mixtape, The Coast, is scheduled to hit the ‘net before the week is out.
Written by richard on 05/3/10
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.