In Stratosphere, also featured today, DMV rapper Thad Reid uses altitude as a metaphor for success in the music game. Kali? He pretty much just loves his weed. Newly-leaked mixtape cut Higher may not contain any blinding philosophical insights, but those looking a fresh, spacey soundtrack for a stoned or straight vibe-out session could hardly do better. As on previous feature Cali Kali, Statik Selektah mans the boards, cooking up a hazy, sampled groove as the West Coast emcee gives his thoughts on weed, women and more weed. Massachusetts emcee Termanology handles guest duties, waxing poetic about his favorite smokable substance and painting a lyrical portrait of his ideal woman (“a curvy, curly Puerto Rican Shirley Temple”) on the front end. If Kali and Term’s woozy musings leave you hungry for more, stay tuned – the headliner’s latest mixtape, The Coast, is scheduled to hit the ‘net before the week is out.
Written by richard on 05/3/10
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.