In Stratosphere, also featured today, DMV rapper Thad Reid uses altitude as a metaphor for success in the music game. Kali? He pretty much just loves his weed. Newly-leaked mixtape cut Higher may not contain any blinding philosophical insights, but those looking a fresh, spacey soundtrack for a stoned or straight vibe-out session could hardly do better. As on previous feature Cali Kali, Statik Selektah mans the boards, cooking up a hazy, sampled groove as the West Coast emcee gives his thoughts on weed, women and more weed. Massachusetts emcee Termanology handles guest duties, waxing poetic about his favorite smokable substance and painting a lyrical portrait of his ideal woman (“a curvy, curly Puerto Rican Shirley Temple”) on the front end. If Kali and Term’s woozy musings leave you hungry for more, stay tuned – the headliner’s latest mixtape, The Coast, is scheduled to hit the ‘net before the week is out.
Written by richard on 05/3/10
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Kali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.