As his name implies, Kali represents Orange County, California. What sets him apart from other regional MCs, however, is a certain producer who lives approximately 2,800 miles away; Brooklyn’s Statik Selektah will be overseeing and producing most of Kali’s new album. So, how does this OC native fit over NYC production? Easy; Statik simply remembers his borough’s foremost hip hop icon, sampling Biggie‘s classic Going Back to Cali to create a cut called Cali Kali. If Kali’s opening chapter is this solid, expectations should be sky-high for his future – rest assured, the Booth will be supporting him every step of the way!
Written by Burmy on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Down the Freeway ft. Kali, G. Malone & Termanology" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.