As his name implies, Kali represents Orange County, California. What sets him apart from other regional MCs, however, is a certain producer who lives approximately 2,800 miles away; Brooklyn’s Statik Selektah will be overseeing and producing most of Kali’s new album. So, how does this OC native fit over NYC production? Easy; Statik simply remembers his borough’s foremost hip hop icon, sampling Biggie‘s classic Going Back to Cali to create a cut called Cali Kali. If Kali’s opening chapter is this solid, expectations should be sky-high for his future – rest assured, the Booth will be supporting him every step of the way!
Written by Burmy on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Famers
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Down the Freeway ft. Kali, G. Malone & Termanology" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.