When I watched this year’s Grammys I was surprised to see David Guetta, Deadmau5, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown performing together. The collaborative act, however, symbolized the connection Hip-Hop has made with uptempo House and Electro-pop music. From Flo Rida to Usher, today’s biggest hits feature this very style. Today, for your listening pleasure, we have another one of those blends courtesy of Kaleena, also known as one-third of Diddy’s Dirty Money crew. A stand-out cut from her new mixtape, Chamber of Diaries, Feeling Good has made its way into the Booth in untagged form. Produced by Ryan Tedder and Chiizzy, Good comes fully equipped with back-breaking bass drums, which allow Kaleena to run free all over the record. Discussing everyone’s favorite topics and enjoying happy times, the Philly born songstress definitely delivers something worth dancing to at your favorite late night spot. Press play, enjoy and soak in the perfect marriage that hip-hop and dance-flooring packing pop can be.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.