When entering The DJBooth for the first time, it’s often wise for the artist to take it slow, as it can be a jungle in here. For Booth newcomer Kal Duzay, however, that advice really isn’t needed, because he’s incapable of moving at anything below Top Speed. While he might have his pedal to the metal, it’s clear he has total control of the mic. The Florida native displays this control in a strong opening 16, delivering his bars in a crisp, effortless manner. In addition to rhyming, Duzay laces Audio Dope’s piano-driven beat with a fierce hook. Kidd Kidd and Mark Kent deliver rapid-fire guest verses. Top Speed will be found on Duzay’s Diamond Scarz project, which has yet to receive a drop date, but in the meantime readers can stream his Red Pill mixtape for free.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Naked Hussle" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.