When entering The DJBooth for the first time, it’s often wise for the artist to take it slow, as it can be a jungle in here. For Booth newcomer Kal Duzay, however, that advice really isn’t needed, because he’s incapable of moving at anything below Top Speed. While he might have his pedal to the metal, it’s clear he has total control of the mic. The Florida native displays this control in a strong opening 16, delivering his bars in a crisp, effortless manner. In addition to rhyming, Duzay laces Audio Dope’s piano-driven beat with a fierce hook. Kidd Kidd and Mark Kent deliver rapid-fire guest verses. Top Speed will be found on Duzay’s Diamond Scarz project, which has yet to receive a drop date, but in the meantime readers can stream his Red Pill mixtape for free.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Naked Hussle" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.