Back in August, Kal Duzay hit the DJBooth at Top Speed, earning an average of 3.9 stars for his debut feature. It appears he has another, albeit slower gear, however, with evidence appearing in the form of The Likk. While the ride is a tinge slower, the result is a more substantial listen. Producer Audio Dope, who was also responsible for the production work on Top Speed, starts the crawl process, creating a dripping, foggy landscape thanks to a windy synth and unique, echoing effects. The beat is a nice contrast to Duzay’s blunted approach, which is used to tell a story of a dangerous, opportunistic vixen who has her eyes on the green. Like Top Speed, The Likk is slated to appear on the November-bound mixtape, Diamond Scarz.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Kal Duzay’s Cricket “The Visionary”-directed The Likk visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/9/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)