An experimental hip-hop artist hailing from San Francisco, California, Kai Straw introduces his left-of-center style to Boothgoers with American Cotton, a standout cut off his latest project. Here, Zay‘s subtly driving bell-arpeggio boardwork sets the stage for frenetic bars that find Kai chronicling his nonstop grind and fantasizing about the future fruits of his labors: an apartment overlooking NYC’s Central Park, “a chick with an ass like a peach from my orchard in Florida,” luxury whips for him and his father… and the list goes on. Feeling it? You can find this hustle anthem and many more quality cuts on Straw’s Kaleidoscope EP, available online as of last Wednesday.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.