An experimental hip-hop artist hailing from San Francisco, California, Kai Straw introduces his left-of-center style to Boothgoers with American Cotton, a standout cut off his latest project. Here, Zay‘s subtly driving bell-arpeggio boardwork sets the stage for frenetic bars that find Kai chronicling his nonstop grind and fantasizing about the future fruits of his labors: an apartment overlooking NYC’s Central Park, “a chick with an ass like a peach from my orchard in Florida,” luxury whips for him and his father… and the list goes on. Feeling it? You can find this hustle anthem and many more quality cuts on Straw’s Kaleidoscope EP, available online as of last Wednesday.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.