Far be it from me to encourage illegal activities on the part of our readership, but the title of Kahlil Brandon‘s latest beat tape, CohibaDaze, offers a strong hint at how the San Diego producer’s music might best be appreciated. With that said, even the stone sober should be able to enjoy the dreamy sampled soundscape he conjures up on Onda, a standout off the freshly-released set. Here, Brandon transplants an old-school soul vocal into a fresh context, accenting his gauzy, reverb-drenched arrangement with seagull calls and crashing waves. Does this immersive instrumental leave you craving more? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Bandon’s latest project via AudioMack.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.