Far be it from me to encourage illegal activities on the part of our readership, but the title of Kahlil Brandon‘s latest beat tape, CohibaDaze, offers a strong hint at how the San Diego producer’s music might best be appreciated. With that said, even the stone sober should be able to enjoy the dreamy sampled soundscape he conjures up on Onda, a standout off the freshly-released set. Here, Brandon transplants an old-school soul vocal into a fresh context, accenting his gauzy, reverb-drenched arrangement with seagull calls and crashing waves. Does this immersive instrumental leave you craving more? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Bandon’s latest project via AudioMack.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)