Though Uptown Swuite‘s appeared in the Booth both solo and as a member of The Seed, partner-in-rhyme Kahlee has yet to headline a feature of his own. Today, we balance the scales by bringing y’all the world premiere of Taking Over, single numero uno off the latter’s forthcoming EP. Left to his own devices, the Cali repper goes in a grittier direction than fans of his collaborative work might expect. Evidence creates a tense atmosphere on the production tip, basing his instrumental around a fluttering, minor-key string sample. Over the Dilated Peoples member’s grimy beat, Kahlee expresses determination to get what’s rightfully his, whether by hook or by crook. Speaking of hooks, D-Fi mans the wheels of steel, scratching on a line from Ghostface‘s Run between the emcee’s bruising verses. Craving more? We thought you might feel that way; that’s why The DJBooth will be hosting the artist’s Here I Am EP, scheduled to drop September 10, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Seen Me Since" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.