When it comes to forward momentum, “Can’t stop, won’t stop,” is Kahlee‘s motto. While I certainly wouldn’t want to sit in the passenger seat of the Hawaiian rhymesayer’s whip, that “Pedal to the Floor” mentality makes it a pleasure to accompany him as he navigates the twists and turns of his musical journey. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the lead single off his forthcoming full-length offers a taste of the restless creativity that makes his output so invigorating. SOULPLUSMIND mans the mixing boards, turning in a reggae-infused beat featuring syncopated brass flourishes. The instrumental’s relaxed, yet driving feel also comes through in the Seed member’s verses, which brim with deft compound rhymes and creative imagery. Kahlee’s Blessed LP isn’t slated to drop till June, but you can expect an official video for this cut before the month is out. In the meantime, why not take a(nother) listen to the artist’s last project, the Booth-hosted Here I Am EP?
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Seen Me Since" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.