When it comes to forward momentum, “Can’t stop, won’t stop,” is Kahlee‘s motto. While I certainly wouldn’t want to sit in the passenger seat of the Hawaiian rhymesayer’s whip, that “Pedal to the Floor” mentality makes it a pleasure to accompany him as he navigates the twists and turns of his musical journey. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the lead single off his forthcoming full-length offers a taste of the restless creativity that makes his output so invigorating. SOULPLUSMIND mans the mixing boards, turning in a reggae-infused beat featuring syncopated brass flourishes. The instrumental’s relaxed, yet driving feel also comes through in the Seed member’s verses, which brim with deft compound rhymes and creative imagery. Kahlee’s Blessed LP isn’t slated to drop till June, but you can expect an official video for this cut before the month is out. In the meantime, why not take a(nother) listen to the artist’s last project, the Booth-hosted Here I Am EP?
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Seen Me Since" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.