When it comes to forward momentum, “Can’t stop, won’t stop,” is Kahlee‘s motto. While I certainly wouldn’t want to sit in the passenger seat of the Hawaiian rhymesayer’s whip, that “Pedal to the Floor” mentality makes it a pleasure to accompany him as he navigates the twists and turns of his musical journey. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the lead single off his forthcoming full-length offers a taste of the restless creativity that makes his output so invigorating. SOULPLUSMIND mans the mixing boards, turning in a reggae-infused beat featuring syncopated brass flourishes. The instrumental’s relaxed, yet driving feel also comes through in the Seed member’s verses, which brim with deft compound rhymes and creative imagery. Kahlee’s Blessed LP isn’t slated to drop till June, but you can expect an official video for this cut before the month is out. In the meantime, why not take a(nother) listen to the artist’s last project, the Booth-hosted Here I Am EP?
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ain't Seen Me Since" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.