According to Wikipedia, CALGON has been the registered trademark of a brand of water softener as well as a line of health and beauty products. I’m gonna assume Kahali Oden‘s latest feature takes its name from the latter rather than the former because, like most of the Cali repper’s material, this sh*t goes hard. Released along with official visuals by Dunnie, the record features the emcee reflecting on both his personal struggles and broader political issues (“High-ass taxes, wiretaps, gun control, it’s a bigger trap.”) in hard-hitting verses. Trakhunta handles production, layering vocal and instrumental samples from Lana Del Rey‘s Video Games over a jittery, syncopated drum pattern. For CALGON and much more, check out Oden’s It Ain’t My Fault LP, available now for free, full streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.