According to Wikipedia, CALGON has been the registered trademark of a brand of water softener as well as a line of health and beauty products. I’m gonna assume Kahali Oden‘s latest feature takes its name from the latter rather than the former because, like most of the Cali repper’s material, this sh*t goes hard. Released along with official visuals by Dunnie, the record features the emcee reflecting on both his personal struggles and broader political issues (“High-ass taxes, wiretaps, gun control, it’s a bigger trap.”) in hard-hitting verses. Trakhunta handles production, layering vocal and instrumental samples from Lana Del Rey‘s Video Games over a jittery, syncopated drum pattern. For CALGON and much more, check out Oden’s It Ain’t My Fault LP, available now for free, full streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.