Both Kahali Oden‘s clips and his verses are f**king Bananas, but don’t get it twisted—when they’re aimed in your direction, they’re anything but sweet. Coming on the heels of All Praises Due, a reader-acclaimed non-album joint dedicated to the families of the Sandy Hook shooting victims, this freshly-minted single is a grimy throwback to the ‘90s, with producer Willie Stax layering cinematic string loops over a boom-bap rhythm as Oden delivers a vivid lyrical depiction of the struggle. Craving more new music from the artist formerly known as Mean Doe Green? Then keep your browsers locked for further song releases leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of his latest LP, It Aint My Fault.
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.