Both Kahali Oden‘s clips and his verses are f**king Bananas, but don’t get it twisted—when they’re aimed in your direction, they’re anything but sweet. Coming on the heels of All Praises Due, a reader-acclaimed non-album joint dedicated to the families of the Sandy Hook shooting victims, this freshly-minted single is a grimy throwback to the ‘90s, with producer Willie Stax layering cinematic string loops over a boom-bap rhythm as Oden delivers a vivid lyrical depiction of the struggle. Craving more new music from the artist formerly known as Mean Doe Green? Then keep your browsers locked for further song releases leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of his latest LP, It Aint My Fault.
Written by richard on 01/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.