Both Kahali Oden‘s clips and his verses are f**king Bananas, but don’t get it twisted—when they’re aimed in your direction, they’re anything but sweet. Coming on the heels of All Praises Due, a reader-acclaimed non-album joint dedicated to the families of the Sandy Hook shooting victims, this freshly-minted single is a grimy throwback to the ‘90s, with producer Willie Stax layering cinematic string loops over a boom-bap rhythm as Oden delivers a vivid lyrical depiction of the struggle. Craving more new music from the artist formerly known as Mean Doe Green? Then keep your browsers locked for further song releases leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of his latest LP, It Aint My Fault.
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.