Since dropping off mixtape single and title track Castle Collectors back in June, the West Coast emcee formerly known as Mean Doe Green (and, before that, as Doey Rock) decided to continue his musical hustle under his birth name, Kahali Oden. And that’s not the only big change he’s experienced recently; this past Saturday, he welcomed a new baby girl into the world. The birth of his daughter offered him the occasion to reflect on the knowledge he’s accumulated during his time on this Earth, and on Letter to My Kids he shares the results of that introspection. Over Pete Space‘s pensive keys, Oden encourages his offspring to study hard, stick to their principles, and “stay prayed up”—advice he himself didn’t always follow, but wishes he had. Fans will be able to find this promo cut on new album It Ain’t My Fault, which as yet lacks a drop date. Keep it locked for the latest!
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below to view Kahali’s A Letter to My Kids visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!